The classic black smokey eye look

/
0 Comments
I've got a lot of request for a smokey eye look. I've also been wearing mostly smokey eyes lately too. I'm loving dark smokey looks! But what I used in the tutorial and whenever I DO do a dark look personally, I used my ELF Party Palette.

If you want a personal step by step by photo tutorial instead of the video, click here to see it.

So first of all, the palette is only $3! I tried to look for the palette on ELF's website, but I think it was only limited edition...but I also found it in target's website! http://www.target.com/E-L-F-Eye-Shadow-Palette-Party/dp/B004305MXS
The eyeshadow I also used is also from ELF which is only $1! http://www.eyeslipsface.com/elf/eyes/concealers_and_primers/eyelid_primer
So this look is highly achievable with low cost.

Here is how the palette looks like:



I personally love this palette. I use the black A LOT. I'm afraid of running out of it! :( It's sooo pigmented and the shimmer/glitter that's in it actually comes off WITH the color. Many blacks with glitter or shimmery hardly EVER does that. Usually all I get is the matte black and the shimmer just disappears. The only two colors in the palette that I don't touch like, almost at all (probably once or twice) would be the light blue and shimmery white. Those two color is a bit chalky especially the shimmery white. The shimmer gets all over my face when I use it. Other than that, this palette makes the perfect palette for a pigmented smokey eye. I really do recommend it. I bought it for 4 friends for Christmas and they loved it too.

Have fun with the look! And if you do get the palette, let me know what you think too!

Here is the video tutorial:


This video took me a good 3 to 4 day to upload because the file or youtube just wouldn't cooperate. Ugh. BUT, it finally decided to work with me and I really wanted to show this look with you guys. I hope this helps!


You may also like

No comments:

Total Pageviews

Powered by Blogger.